Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Apple Farm

One of the cool things about living where things actually grow in the ground is that ther eare lots of yummy things to eat. We went with some friends (Heather, Kaitlyn and Sadie) to pick apples at an apple farm. It was so much fun. I am not sure the girls had as much fun picking tapples as they did eating them. Everytime I would turn around Allie would have a new apple to bite into. When we got home there were about 6 apples with a little Allie marks on them.
The weather was still pretty hot when we went, but it was still worth it. I even attempted to make apple pie filling and applesauce to can. I have to admit the applesauce was pretty good!

9 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Hey! It's so great to see ya back in the blogging world! I miss ya in between posts! Your girls are adorable and it sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun out there. how cute is it that you got to go to an apple farm!

Michelle Anglesey said...

Allie and Brinley are getting way too big. Tell them to stop growing.

Heather Dawson said...

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing!!

Laura said...

SO I'm comming over for dinner to have some of the apple sause. So proud of you little miss homemaker.

100 Percent Cottam said...

so cute! looks like a par-tee. we love that about austin, too. stuff growing and all...

The Kahumokus said...

I keep meaning to get my lazy self (and family) up to Apple Hill for some apple pickin'. You make it look so fun, maybe I'll try harder. But you can surely know there will be no homemade apple pie!!!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

Your girls are so cute! It is so fun to see them and to hear how your family is doing. Definitely keep in touch.

Michelle Randall said...

That looks like tons of fun! When we lived in Sacramento we used to to to Apple Hills and do the same kinds of things. I barely remember it cuz I was very small, but I remember coming home with the car loaded down with every kind of apple you can think of. Way to go on the canning!

Holly said...

Cute pictures, I wish we would have been there.