Sunday, April 06, 2008

Bonjour, Butterfly!


One of Allie's new favorite books is Fancy Nancy, Bonjour, Butterfly! It is a darling book and one we enjoy reading together. At the end of the book, Nancy goes to a Butterfly Garden, so when I told Allie that our Zoo had a Butterfly Garden, she was "ecstatic."

We headed down to our Butterfly Garden yesterday and we're not disappointed. It was amazing. Allie held many butterflies including an "Azure Butterfly." She was in heaven and we had to pull her our of the conservatory so we could go see the other animals at the Zoo. Enjoy the pictures and get yourself to a Butterfly Garden.

6 comments:

Laura said...

what an awsome thing to do.

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Very cute, I love how little girls love butterflies. Summer is only 1 and points them out all the time, well at least in books. :)

Teri said...

This is something that I would love to do! I love the pic with Allie...holding the butterfly like it is just plastic or something. Love it! Wonder if there is a butterfly garden in AZ?

100 Percent Cottam said...

how fun is that?!

angie said...

a butterfly garden just got finished at the zoo in omaha...your pics made my girls SUPER excited to go.

Shelley said...

Wow! That is so fun! Wish our zoo had one!